Useful Eyeliner Tips
Eyeliner is a cosmetic and is applied on the eyes to make them look large and easily noticeable. The main types of liners are: Pencil or stick liner, Gel Liners and liquid liners. All are available in regular and waterproof formulas.
Pencil or stick liners are the easiest to apply being the most accurate of the three.
Gel liners are usually matte and slide on easily with a painting motion.
Liquid liners are used for their preciseness. They come in small tubes with its own pen style brush.
Here are some useful eyeliner tips;
- While using a liner, avoid pulling the eye lid or skin towards the side of your face. This will cause unsightly lines and wrinkles in your future! Instead use the right tools and mirrors, to complete lining comfortably. e.l.f. Angled Eyeliner Brush and Tri-Fold Lighted Led Mirror
- In case things get messy you can clean up with makeup remover on a cotton swab. Cotton Swabs Double End Round Pointed or Disposable Eyeliner Makeup Brushes and Micellar Cleansing Water All-in-1 Cleanser & Waterproof Makeup Remover
- A stick primer or a concealer can be used for fixing smudges. Revlon Photoready Concealer
- A fast way to intensify the color on your lower lash line and waterline is to darken the area with a dark eye shadow. This helps to give a more smokey look. Best Pro Eyeshadow Palette Makeup
- Once your eyeliner is placed where you want it to be, dab it with a little translucent powder to make sure you prevent the eyeliner transferring to the crease. E.l.f. High Definition Powder Sheer
- By placing the liner straight on your eyelash curler you will save time and get very straight liner. Professional Eyelash Curler.
- In a natural look, the liner should be thin and applied between the lashes than applied across the top of the lash line. The easiest way to do this is to fill in your top lashes from the underside. Your eyelashes will look fuller but you won’t look too made up. e.l.f. Angled Eyeliner Brush